We are excited to introduce a powerful new feature that will significantly enhance your data management capabilities: the Data Export API. This feature enables you to easily retrieve bulk data from your Cerego account, offering a seamless way to integrate Cerego's rich data into your own systems or third-party applications. To get started reach out to us at email@example.com!
What is the Data Export API?
The Data Export API is a robust tool that allows you to pull large sets of data from various tables in your Cerego account, including data related to your partner, departments, users, courses, assignments, and more. The API is capable of returning up to 50,000 records at a time. However, to maintain optimal system performance, we request that you re-sync the data from each table no more than once per hour.
Information available for each table includes:
- partners: A list of all departments within a Cerego partner
- users: A list of users within a Cerego partner, including general information about each user
- partner_users: Includes a list of users and the id of each partner or department they have access to
- user_emails: A list including the emails for all users
- courses: A list of each course with some general information, including last edit timestamps and current publish status
- course_users: Includes a list of all users enrolled in a course, including details around course progress and engagement
- assignments: Includes a list of assignment titles within a partner
- assignment_users: Includes information around learner stats within all queried assignments
- course_assignments: Lists assignments available within each course with some additional details
- items: Lists details around the learning items within a course
How to Make an API Request
Making an API request is simple. Below is an example request to retrieve data related to courses:
Replace `:partnerid` with the ID corresponding to where the API key was created. By default, the output is a CSV download link. If you prefer the records in JSON format, include the parameter `json=1`.
You can retrieve data from various tables by substituting `courses` with any of the following:
Keeping Your Data Up-to-Date
Every record returned by the API will have an associated `id`. To keep your data synchronized, you can follow these steps:
1. Initial Request: For your first-ever request for a table, set the `updated_on_or_after` query parameter far enough in the past, such as `updated_on_or_after=2010-01-01T00:00:00Z`.
2. Save the Last Record: Look at the last record returned by your initial request. Save both the `updated_at` field and the `id` of that record.
3. Subsequent Requests: An hour or more later, make another request. This time, set the `updated_on_or_after` query parameter to the `updated_at` value you saved (in ISO8601 format). Also set the `last_record_id` query parameter to the `id` you saved.
4. Repeat: Continue to follow steps 2 and 3 as often as you need to keep your data in sync.
Why You Should Start Using the Data Export API
1. Scalability: Whether you're managing a small department or a large enterprise, the Data Export API can handle your data export needs.
2. Real-time Insights: By keeping your data up-to-date, you can generate real-time analytics and insights that can significantly impact your decision-making process.
3. Data Portability: The Data Export API makes it easy to move your Cerego data to other systems, enabling a higher degree of flexibility and utility.
4. Comprehensive Data: With access to such a wide range of tables, you can retrieve precisely the data you need to suit your specific requirements.
We hope this new feature will empower you to do more with your Cerego data than ever before. As always, we're here to support you in making the most of your learning experiences. If you have any questions or need further clarification, feel free to reach out to our support team.
Happy data exporting!