At Cerego, we believe in enabling content creators to build courses that can be used in a variety of ways.
That’s why we released assessments as an assignment type in Cerego in 2019, equipping you with the tools needed to administer pre and post-course assessments.
It’s also why we released an updated content authoring interface with a suite of Smart features in order to help content creators with the process of creating beautiful and engaging content. While we’ve already seen that instructors are utilizing assessments to better understand what learners actually know, we also hear the desire to capture qualitative feedback at the individual level. And so....
Course Surveys Are Here!
If you've spent time creating educational content, you know the importance of gathering learner feedback. It can help you keep content engaging and show you what learners want and need to achieve their learning goals. Our new Survey feature makes gathering this feedback fast and simple.
Surveys can be created in Cerego and added to any of your live courses. You can use them to identify areas of the course that perform well and areas that may need to be retooled. They can help you identify content that's too challenging or easy for learners, and help you decide if assignments should be reordered.
There are a lot of reasons we are excited about surveys:
- Familiar interface for respondents:
You can seamlessly incorporate your surveys into existing courses. This helps you engage your learners in a system they’re already familiar with.
- Easy-to-use question templates:
When using this feature, you'll find familiar content templates, as well as a few new ones that are specific to surveys. Question templates include:
Multiple Choice Questions: Single Select
Multiple Choice Questions: Multiple Select
Free Response Questions
Make a Page and PDF items can also be added throughout a survey in order to add additional context.
- Flexible data analysis: There are two simple ways to view survey results. As learners take your survey, Cerego will automatically chart responses in an easy-to-view format. You can also choose to download a CSV of responses. Both options allow you to quickly review and implement feedback.
A few things to keep in mind when using surveys:
- Responses are not anonymous. You will be able to see which respondents gave each response. Cerego will automatically alert learners to this when they start a new survey.
- Surveys are only meant to be taken once. Like assessments, learners can only take surveys once. This means learners will not be reminded to review and take surveys in the same way that they are other assignments.
- There is a limit to the number of potential responses. Survey questions are limited to five possible answers per question. Limiting the number of responses will help keep your questions focused, specific, and actionable.
Try them out and let us know what you think!
-The Cerego Team